Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent Calendar



I don't know how many of you growing up had those little calendars with the little doors that you opened to reveal a Christmas surprise. Seems we had them with themes from the Nutcracker, Santa, and the Jesus story. Now you can do a similar thing, but better... with an Advent Calendar featuring daily Bible readings and meditations, provided by Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. (As a product of the sisterhood, the calendar has a few preliminary comments with respect to Mary and such that are not my own, however the strong grounding in the scripture makes this a rich place of preparation as we ready our hearts for the celebration of Messiah's birth.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! Paul and I have been using a readings calendar I adapted from a combination of http://www.cresourcei.org/jesse.html and a booklet I have which is excerpted from the Book of Common Prayer. I find it easier to focus on Advent - His coming - here because there are no "holiday season" distractions around (no sales, seasonal commercials, crazy shoppers, images of wrapped presents, etc.)

    ReplyDelete